DICE CAREER STORY CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. No Purchase Necessary
2. Contest Open To Legal Residents of the United States (Excluding its Territories, Overseas Military Installations and Commonwealths) Only
3. Void Where Prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Participants must be 18 years or older at the time of entry.
5. Participants may only win once during this Dice Career Story Contest (through August 31, 2008). Employees of Dice, its distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and promotion agencies, members of their immediate families and persons residing in their homes, are not eligible.
6. HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY: There are two ways to enter the Contest: submit your story to ITtrenches@dice.com or via regular U.S. mail.
To enter the Contest, submit your story to ITtrenches@dice.com per the article guidelines mentioned in the html email "Share your real-life job description with Dice". Entries are limited to one per person. Participants entering must provide a valid e-mail address so that Dice may communicate with Participant. By entering the Contest you agree and acknowledge that you may be contacted by Dice via email. You further agree and acknowledge that such email communication shall not be considered to be unsolicited commercial email or spam. It is the sole responsibility of the participant to notify the Contest judges in writing should participant's email address change. (To do so write to: email@example.com). In case of dispute as to identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person who is the registered user of the e-mail address through which the winning entry is submitted.
To enter the Contest off-line via regular U.S. mail, submit in writing to Dice your story per the guidelines mentioned in the html email, "Share your real-life job description with Dice", include your name, complete address, e-mail address, zip code, date of entry and daytime telephone number and mail it to: "Dice Career Story Contest", c/o Dice, 4101 NW Urbandale Drive; Urbandale, IA 50322. Such alternate means of entry must be postmarked no later than August 31, 2008 and received by September 2, 2008. Limit one entry per person. Winners will be notified by electronic mail, or regular postal mail. No photocopies, reproductions or facsimiles allowed. Dice is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or postage due mail.
Entries will not be returned to participants and become property of Dice.
7. The Contest begins at 12:01 A.M. on August 12, 2008 and ends at 11:59 P.M. on August 31, 2008.
8. Winners will be selected at the end of September 2008 by Dice contest judges. The story submitted must focus on tech or engineering only. The stories will be judged based on the following criteria: appropriateness to the tech or engineering audience (20%); interest (20%); creativity (20%); clarity (20%) and sincerity (20%), and the winners will be announced thereafter. Decisions of the contest judges are final. Winners are required to prove eligibility. Winners will be notified by either e-mail or regular U.S. mail by Dice, towards the end of April. Winner will have five (5) days from notification to claim their prize by contacting Dice via e-mail or regular U.S. mail. Dice and its agencies shall not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
9. If your story is selected you will receive a $500 American Express Gift Cheque, the maximum number of gift certificates we will issue is 9 (nine). All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All prizes will be awarded. No substitution, exchange or transfer of prizes or cash equivalent is permitted. Any applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
10. Dice and its agencies shall not be liable for (a) late, lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries; (b) telephone, electronic, program, network, Internet, or computer failures of any kind; or (c) failed, incomplete, garbled, unintelligible, or delayed computer messages. If the administration or integrity of the Contest is compromised or corrupted at any time, Dice reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Contest.
11. Dice reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site; to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions of the web site; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods and persons using any such methods will be disqualified. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Dice reserves the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which in the sole opinion of Dice corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Dice reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
13. Dice and its agencies shall not be liable for any injury or damage related to or resulting from entering the Contest. By entering the Contest, participants release and hold Dice and its agencies harmless from any and all damages and claims of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize.
14. By entering the Contest, participants release Dice and any of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with this Contest or acceptance, use of or inability to use, or participation in or inability to participate in Contest or use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
15. By entering the Contest, participants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Contest Rules. The laws of the State of New York apply to and govern this Contest, and any claims must be raised and resolved in the State of New York.
16. By entering the Contest, participants grant their full permission to Dice and any of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, to utilize participants' story entry for advertising, promotion and publicity purposes.
17. To obtain the winner's names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Dice Career Story Contest" c/o Dice, 4101 NW Urbandale Drive; Urbandale, IA 50322.
18. Copyright Notice - The Contest and all accompanying materials are © 2008 Dice. All rights reserved.
19. Dice is a registered trademark of Dice Career Solutions, Inc. All other trademarks and logos are property of their respective owners.
20. To obtain a written copy of these Contest rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Dice Career Story Contest" c/o Dice, 4101 NW Urbandale Drive; Urbandale, IA 50322.
21. The Dice Contest is sponsored by Dice Career Solutions, Inc.